started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Thursday, January 12, 2006

No new iBook, but new expensive MacBook

Mood: ALT + 058 + ALT + 125 (Glad, Story telling mode)



I actually tried to wait yesterday for the announcement of the new technologies Apple had to offer. Although, the Sandman just had to visit and bring me to dreamland. So off I went to the land of dreams, missing the announcements as they commenced. Anyway, the following day I woke up, and with haste, flipped open Delta to find out the news. I felt Delta was happy to read with me the news that no new iBook was introduced, and instead, a new line of Macs were issued called the MacBook. A 15.4" widescreen dual core PC with so much flare! It sported DDR2 memory and a lovely highend graphics card! Now that's really a pretty PC with Brains and a powerful body to add up to (Don't worry Delta, you're still the prettiest for me. hehehe). Anyway, I wonder when i'll be able to buy one of those. the base price is roughly $2000. It's a very good PC for programming and even better for graphics! I sure wish I were rich to buy the gadgets I want at whim. hehehe. But i'm really curious on dual booting it with Windows... wow! drool... But it's still expensive. wala akong ganyang pera! mali, let me rephrase that. WALA AKONG PERA! i just overspent kanina, and now, I have to make 20 bucks stretch til friday. hahaha. no, seriously, nagtitipid ako. ayoko nang gumastos (except maybe for C2). ok na rin yan, atleast papayat ako sa di pagbili ng pagkain. tutal, nagdidiet naman ako eh. Kailan kaya ako babalik ng gym?

Anyway, I finally got to try for the first time the wifi with airborneaccess at starbucks tomas morato. The speed was pretty decent, although the connection was kinda erratic. The weird thing though is that the signal seems to bounce off my friend who was sitting at my right side. Whenever he stood up, the signal shown on my status decreased, and increased to full bars whenever he came back to sit. I tried lookin where the access point was, but I couldn't find it. actually, I stopped looking around at the ceiling when I realized I looked stupid. hehehe. But that reminds me that airborneaccess in Katipunan was down for like 2 weeks! Nakakainis kasi I wanted to surf at seattle's or starbucks to try out the wifi when I first got Delta (aside from showing her off, mwehehehe). anyway, I called 633-BUSY, ah i mean, 633-CRAP, ah i mean 633-WIFI again just this afternoon to ask if the service has been restored, and they told me that seattle's has service already, but starbuko remains offline. Sayang naman yung 2 weeks na subscription namin. pero anyway, atleast I can drop by seattles and surf already while keeping cool with the aircon. hehehe. although lately, malamig naman, kaya ok lang sa pad. naka-wireless din naman kami dito eh. wala nga lang aircon and pretty people. Ah, btw, walang pretty dito sa bahay, only handsome and beautiful people. mwehehehe. Walang kokontra at magpost ng comments ha!

So, back to my impoverished (aka nagpapaka-conyo ako sa paggamit ng term na impoverished para hindi naman ako magmukhang yagit) situation, i'm now looking for new freelance jobs. Grabe, wala na akong mga raket 'di tulad dati. oh well, may darating rin diyan somewhere. Hmmm... babalik na nga akong sym para mag-invest sa katawan ko para may fallback ako kapag wala akong pera... Pwede akong mag-"sideline". hahaha. But seriously, I have one "pick-up" story I have to share with you guys one of these days. Different post ko na ikukuwento yan. hehe.

Have to sleep na. Huy, kung may raket kayo (yung desente ah!) on web designing, programming, digital photography, layout, or anything on desktop or web publishing or programming on flash or Java, post nyo sa comments. Kung hindi yan desente, i-email nyo nalang ako. mwehehe. joke lang. Good night!




thought chain: the time starbucks came in town, I also used to hang out at bean hoppers with my friend einna. Their frap was 5 bucks cheaper, yet actually tasted like ice cream smoothie. Masarap actually (mejo maliit nga lang). Anyway, there's no bean hoppers anymore in katipunan. I don't even know if there are other branches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home