started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fringing Cool! Skype mobile for UIQ and other smartphones

[Mood] :D (Cool!)



I just found a new application for my mobile device that sure is cool. It's called fring! It allows your Smartphone(Symbian or Windows Mobile device) to connect to your Skype account. Thankfully, one is available for the P990i. It does not only connect to Skype, it can also connect to GTalk, ICQ, Twitter and others. As fo me, I'm only really interested with Skype. The Skype chat feature works like a charm. Although I have yet to try using it to call other Skype contacts. I hope Skype would release an official UIQ Skype client. That way, I can call international locations using my Skype credit. I did a test Fring call, and it's quite cool that you're using your smartphone to do VOIP. I did it over my WiFi connection at home. I wonder about the lag if I do it over 3g. Anyway, will be testing the app for next few weeks.



Though Chain: Yeah, it has been a while since I last blogged. Will start blogging more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home