started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Smart 3G, the Cheapest DVD Writer, & Globe G-Pass

[Mood] :D (Cool, Fun, and Mediocre. In that order from the title)

First of all, even though I'm at home, I'm writing this blog using my Smart 3G connection instead of the DSL connection at home because finally, I get to make my connection work. After hearing that Smart 3G rocks, I finally got myself to buy a Smart prepaid SIM, and test out the technology, and by golly, it's cool. Now I can surf the net anywhere where Smart 3G signal is available (actually, 2G can also be used, but speeds are a bit slow, but still nice if you need the connection for email access anywhere). It gives decent download and upload speeds too. I just hope Globe would offer the same rates. although currently, Smart has a wider 3G reach. Globe's 3G hotspots are sooooo limited. But if they do upgrade their network and offer the same rates, I'd stick back to my Globe plan. Btw, not giving out my smart number since I only use this for 3G. hehehe.

I bought the cheapest DVD Writer which I was planning to buy last time. For just 1900, I got a black samsung 16x DVD Writer with lighscribe and DVDRAM writing ability for my desktop. Btw, my desktop is named Monkey. Don't ask why (NOTE: aldwin, hindi bastos yan, kaya wag kang mag-isip ng kung anu-ano. that goes the same thing for you too che). anyway, i have burned a couple of DVD+Rs and it works perfectly. although i've only tried the 8x and 16x variants. I haven't tried using Generic DVD's but i bought a couple (since they are cheap) just to try it out. I would like to try writing on DVDRAMs too but the media is just too darn expensive and hard to come by. I saw this guy selling branded DVDRAM media for 750 bucks each disk. Marami-raming DVD-RWs na yun. hehehe. Btw, does anyone know of a place I can buy light-scribable DVD+Rs? Yung branded na mejo mura lang. ;)

Finally, when I went to pay my Globe bill at the Hub Glorietta, I bought a G-Pass too coz I wanted to try the technology. It costs 100 bucks with an initial load of 50 bucks. This can be used with MRTs. So here I go buying one which needs activation via your Globe Cellphone. I received a confirmation message that it was already activated, and hurriedly went to UP after to catch my class. When I tapped my G-Pass at Ayala station, it wouldn't accept it. Good thing, there was this girl who was in the booth of G-Pass nearby who helped me. Apparently, it wasn't activated yet (So much for registering and getting an activation message from globe). anyway, I got in and rode the MRT. The next trouble was getting out at North EDSA. I looked at all exit turnstiles, and guess what?! NO GPASS in NORTH EDSA! I wasn't informed by the girl in the HUB ayala that it was only to be used from ayala to cubao stations. like WTF!!! Why does Globe launch a half-cooked project?! I had to buy another ticket to get out. so, in essence, i spent 2x the fre for that ride! and i contacted good old lousy Globe, but they haven't reimbursed back the fare. I don't care how much that was (15 bucks yata), I just want it back! So I'm telling you, DON"T USE GPASS YET! It's not worth the hassle or you curiosity. Let Globe fix first their sub-standard system. Hey Globe, I want that 15 bucks back! wla akong pakialam kung magkano yun! I just want it back for the hassle you cost me!




Though Chain:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, my desktop is named Monkey. Don't ask why (NOTE: aldwin, hindi bastos yan, kaya wag kang mag-isip ng kung anu-ano. that goes the same thing for you too che).


But I wanna know why!!!
So, why nga ba? Which one is that? The dual-core?

5:15 AM

 
Blogger ascii said...

Yup, it's the dual core. My brother and I call each other monkey. Unggoy kasi pag-uugali namin kapag nagkasama kami. pareho kaming nang-gugulo, nanggagago, at nangungulit ng iba. Pati mom namin, inaasar namin. Buti nalang hindi pikon mom ko. And if you think mapanlait ako, you should hear us together ng brother ko. hehehe. So there, we decided to name our PC monkey too. So ayan aldwin, I don't spank my desktop ha (himas lang, hehehe).

8:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name your next computer dolphin. :D

Wuv yeaw ottiebeaw! :)

1:46 PM

 
Blogger ascii said...

if i remember correctly, the dolphin is the other mammal other than human that does sex out of enjoyment. i think. tama ba pottie? so do they also enjoy spanking the monkey? hehehe

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home