started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Western Digital 250GB SATA-2 16MB

[Mood] :) (gastos, pero ok naman.)

I already bought the hard drive I was talking about in my previous post. Found a shop that carries SATA-2 hard drives. Villman, PCX, and most local shops still carry SATA-1 HDDs (I guess they're still trying to clear out their stocks). Anyway, I was able to buy this baby at a price that's the same as a SATA-1 HDD (price compared from PCX). Got the WD2500KS model with a standard 3-year warranty. So far it's running quietly, feels snazzier, natively compatible with my MoBo, and best of all, I don't need to worry for the mean time about running out of HDD space in my desktop. The funny thing was, when I was inquiring about lower storage models, the price difference of the 200GB and the 250GB was only 200 bucks (and the 200GB model has only 8MB of cache). Talk about huh?!. Anyway, if you guys are gonna get a new drive, get a SATA-2 one (That is, if you're on SATA. SATA-2 is backward compatible with SATA-1, although I don't have a SATA-1 MoBo to test out the performance diff). I can forward to you the contact details of the shop I got this from if you guys want. anyway, off to bet for me now. Got sleepy from reinstalling my system.




Though Chain: A few posts back, I originally planned to buy only a 160GB SATA-1 HDD. When I found out that I could get great deals at places from my research (and extra funding c/o big bro), I instantly wanted a SATA-2 one instead. hehehe. Now I need to pump up my RAM. This shop also carries Samsung 512MB DDR667 for just 2k. Hmmm... might buy a pair (to get 1GB) in 2 weeks time, but I need to sell first my Kingston DDR533 RAM and manage my budget too. hahaha.

1 Comments:

Blogger ascii said...

hmph! akala ko naman 512 lang yung sinabi mo sa akin. sayang!

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home