started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cheap PQI Flash Disk

[Mood] :) (matches delta.)



I bought a cheap thumb drive from cdrking this afternoon. I was looking for a 1GB thumb drive, but I wanted the PQI white one because it was polished white and closely resembled the polished whitee covering of my iBook Delta. Anyway, they were all out of 1GB variants except for the Kingston one. but since looks were equally important for me, I chose to just get the 512 white pqi variant rather than the 1gb kingston one. anyway, flash disks are cheap nowadays. this only cost me 680 bucks. I tested it while inside the store (as I have Delta with me most of the time) so that I didn't have to go back in case it was faulty or something.

When I got home, I found out something new. Call me stupid, but I only found out recently that you can partition a thumb drive. It never occurred to me before to partition my old thumbdrive. anyway, i didnt try partitioning it since I have no use for sectioning such small memory unless I want to make a bootable partition on one, and save docs on the other.

So what's on my list of things I need to buy? hmmm... I'm looking for USB powered speakers. I saw an altec lansing one but it costs 4k+ for just stereo slim USB powered speakers. kinda expensive in my opinion, but the sound is great to power up my lappie in times i need more audio juice out of it.

I have this idea for my laptop. I'm gonna make my own laptop risers. Since I think the powerball thingees are over rated and pricey, I'm gonna make my own version which hopefully works and looks good. I just need to find the equipment I need which I've set in my mind. show you here when I'm done.




Though Chain: I'm still looking for lightscribable DVD+Rs. Has anyone seen anywhere I can buy some? preferreably not expensive. I know of a place that sells them for 150+ per piece of 8x dvd+r lightscribable disk. Not worth it in my opinion since a blank benq 16 dvd+R is only 19 bucks with case. I don't need to buy something 8 times more expensive just because I can label them with my drive. But I'm just dying to try out lightscribing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home