started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Am I as cheap as two bucks?

[Mood] :+ (ready or not...)

I went to Makati today to finally upload the online image database i promised the people at Makati Business Club. Well, now they can probably search and retrieve faster since it's now online (intranet). I used JSP for the fronend with a Java XML parser to parse the XML database. Just hope the system won't lag if the catalog swells to 10,000 entries (since they already have 10,000 digital images).

Anyway, I went home back to Laguna. To get home from Makati, I took a bus, then rode a trike afterwards. I took the other route going to our place since I missed the usual stop of the trike terminal. I usually pay 28 bucks for this other route. When I paid the trike driver, he told me it was really 30 bucks. So I questioned him telling him I just took this route lately and paid 28 bucks. He argued that it wasn't. I know it's just two lousy bucks, but I guess I felt I needed to just assert myself with this asshole. To make the story short, we got into a heated argument, and the last words I heard from his mouth were, "Intayin mo, babalikan kita." and I think I said, "Sige lang."

Ewan ko ba, mapapaaway pa yata ako just for two lousy bucks. Although I do think what he said was bullshit, but you can never underestimate the temper of a basagulero. Lifestyle na rin nya yun sa lugar nya I bet. You have to assert yourself or be pushed around. Sociology tells us that the feeling of powerlessness is rampant in depressed areas, and the only way to fight powerlessness is to band with the people who hold power in the area, or stay powerless. Yikes, isang tropa ba ang babalik sa akin? I have to scour for all the knives in the house. hehehe. Anyway, frankly, I don't really like fights, but if I have to protect myself, you bet your ass I'm capable of almost anything. In any case, this really sounds so cheap since the root is 2 pesos. I actually feel like an idiot for letting him get the best of me. Nag-worry tuloy mom ko. Sorry ma, I don't do this often.




Though Chain: Isipin mo nalang no? 2 pesos lang kung sakali ang halaga ko?! WTF??!! Gawin nyo namang 20 pesos. ala ka na mabibili sa 2 pesos. hehehe, nakuha ko pang magbiro. kung pwede lang sanang chain frost nalang yung taong yun, tapos damage-damage-damage. hahaha. dota na ito.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally, sasabihin ko "dalawang piso lang naman, sana binigay mo na.."

But knowing some of the details about you (SOME, not ALL or even MOST), I understand why you did that, and I highly respect, and even praise, you for asserting your right to just costs, even if it was "just two pesos".

Medyo hinay-hinay lang though at 'wag ka lang makipagbuno masyado. Hehe. :D

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home