started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Saturday, May 20, 2006

I wanna try 3G!

[Mood] 8D (OOOOoooohhhh! I wanna!)

I wasn't been able to post before that I lost my phone just recently (about 2 weeks ago). Anyway, that's behind me already. Good thing I can still use the same number and it's a good thing that I backed up my contacts last month. So I just have to update a few numbers that wasn't backed up last month. So, now, I bought a new phone (bummer that I had to spend money at a time that I wanted to start saving up). I went around SM City North EDSA and found a phone that fit my needs, wants and most especially, my budget, hehe. I got a Sony Ericsson K608i.



Mine is a black version of the unit above. I couldn't find an image on the net, so i settled for the silver one to post here in my blog. It has everything I want: simple to use, enough on board memory, a megapixel camera, 3G, capable of video call, FM radio, and light and handy. The picture quality of the main camera at the back is good enough (1.3Megapixels), although not astounding. It's affordable, and the response is actually snappy. The bluetooth functionality seemlessly connects with my iBook, and it's quite cute too. I really had no plans of purchasing a more expensive phone since I really think that phones are not worth investing on. They depreciate in value quuicker than any gadget on the market, and they just seem to get obsolete faster too. So, for a year, I think I'm gonna be happy with this baby until my plan with globe expires and I get another plan which means a new phone too. hehe.

I just can't wait to use 3G, but the problem is, there are limited spots in the metropolis where 3G is available. besides, globe charges expensive 3G rates. So, I'm planning to buy a Smart prepaid sim since they offer 3G surfing for only 10 bucks per 30 mins! cool ha! now, I wonder if it's as fast as DSL. Anyway, I'll post my 3G experience in the future.



Though Chain:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home