started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Thursday, April 27, 2006

Silent Hill...

Mood: ALT + 058 + ALT + 041 (Yeah, was one of the first, yet something's missing.)

Yesterday, I watched Silent Hill on the first screening in Gateway Mall Cubao. The movie followed the musical scoring from the game which was cool if you come to think of it. The texture and feel of the movie resembles the game too. Although, the story line departed from the game itself. I wouldn't want to go into details so that I wouldn't spoil the movie for those who want to watch. But for what I've seen, it lacks the scare factor. It does spook and surprise the audience every now and then, but it lacks the essence of what makes a movie horrific. I guess the reason Silent Hill spooks one in the game is because you take the first person perspective which makes you one with the game. But watching a movie needs more scare to make it a real horror movie. Good effects and nice music (used from the game), although slim storyline. Too bad.




Though Chain: Here's a spoiler for you guys... Someone dies in the movie, well, alot of people die for that matter. Oh, and btw, the last part is really gruesome that's why it's rated R-13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home