started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Saturday, April 29, 2006

A long way for homerun.

Mood: :( (sadly getting frustrated)

I've been reviewing for several weeks now for my planned certification for java 5. Sadly, I think I've got a really long way to go before I can finish reviewing. Seems like I have so many things to unlearn and relearn. Plus the fact that I haven't tried Java 5's new features, and I'm not very knowledgeable with threads. Oh well, I still have a month to study. Wish me luck that I'll be able to finish reviewing for the ceertification exam. I don't wanna waste money by flunking that exam (and it would hurt the ego alot. hahaha).




Though Chain: I was doing some thinking. Please correct me feable analysis if I'm wrong. In this book I'm reading, there's this snippet that quoted "In an early Java speech, Bill Joy (one of the Java creators), said that 'Java=C++--' (C plus plus minus minus)" -- making the analogy that Java is C++ minus the extra things that make it complicated. Illegal in terms of real coding. But let's consider C++ as a result from a previous iteraion of C (C=C+1 --> C++). Henceforth, rewriting the statement yields 'Java=C--'.Hmmm... if my analysis is correct, theoretically, C would be referenced first in 'Java' then the decrement to 'C' would follow after. Making 'Java > (C++--)'. So wouldn't that make Java more complex than C++. Could he have said it better as 'Java=--C++'? Mali ba analysis ko?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home