started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Wednesday, October 04, 2006

candle-lit dinners, hot nights, and 2 hours lasting...

[Mood] :D (glad that was over)


in case my title made your mind a bit more eco friendly green, you better read though this whole blog coz it's real wholesome. hehehe. The past week was really terrible. Aside from the fact that the supertyphoon milenyo brought down houses (wawa naman mga nasiraan ng bahay), trees (depressing ngayon ang itsura ng SLEX) and lotsa billboards (buti nga sa inyo), the typhoon left the whole luzon in the dark including my home. haaayyy... sobrang init. we were in the dark for 4 days. Electricity was only restored last monday. And I had so many things to do. so many deadlines for papers, deliverables for 3 clients, and research for thesis which I wasn't able to do due to the blackout. We had candle-lit dinners with canned food entrees (we had to cook all the meat in the freezer on the first day of the blackout coz we were afraid that it wouldn't survive long) and no resto or fastfood was open for delivery (plus the fact na nakakatakot na baka wala silang generator and they were serving thawed out meat). Anyway, on the 2nd day of the agony, I heard over the radio that some parts had electricity restored. So I thought of calling up fast foods to primarily get cold drinks delivered and some food (non-burger para safe). Jollibee was still closed, and so was chowking, and so was greenwich. Mcdo was open yet they only delivered burger items and they didn't deliver drinks (double whammy). Finally, I was able to find a place that had cold drinks (daw) -- pizza hut. Yun nga lang, after 20 mins, they called me back to tell me they ran out of ice and that the drinks were only a bit cold. "Cancel nalang yung pizza and the drinks. Sorry, I was actually after the cold drinks. the pizza was just a side order". mejo natawa yung operator na mas habol ko yung drinks kesa sa pizza nila. anyway, my brother and I just decided to buy ice from the nearby ice plant as we heard they were open for business (may generator sila). so there, we queued and queued and queued just to buy 1/4th of a big block of ice which is about the size of 8 hollow blocks. Yun nga lang, the queue was 2 hours long! anyway, atleast we still had cold drinks for the rest of the days that there was no electricity. pa-conswelo da bobo sa init ng gabi at sa araw-araw na pahirapan sa tubig. cold juice and soda!

BTW: Happy Birthday Hunny Pottiepot aka Cheryl Lorica. Yung Ozzie mo nalang ang manlilibre sa amin in your behalf. hahaha



Though Chain: Since there wasn't any running water, we had to make the best out of the water reserves. While taking a bath, there was a pail under me that gathered all the bath water which I used to flush the toilet. but here's a math question: since there are only 5 of us, that makes only 5 bath water pails in a day. But 5 people go to the bathroom several times in a day. So how can you maximize flushing? hehehe. you do the math.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home