started as a blog as an ode to my lappie Delta, now has become part of my usual weekly activity.




Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Calorific night, and a new lifestyle

[Mood] :D (Have to burn this on monday. hahaha)



Last night, I met my good friends for dinner at Bubba Gump. It was my first time to try their shrimp. I'd say that the shrimp dishes were so-so. The pasta was good, and the caesar salad was the best. I think I'd go back for the salad, and not for the shrimp actually. I've tasted better shrimp considering the cost of their dishes. Anyway, i'll just charge that to experience.

We had dessert afterwards at Bizu. Although I do think they're kinda pricey, I have to admit that I like their cakes. The first time I tasted their desserts 4 years ago, I knew that it was absolutely sinful. And 'til now, I still think they are. But heck, they're rich and creamy! hehehe. I got to the soleil last night. absolutely wonderful. the infusion of mint, ripe mangoes and white chocolate was a very refreshing twist to a calorific dessert. hehehe. Yum!

Anyway, I think I wasn't able to blog that I am now a regular gym goer. For almost 2 weeks now, I've been working out 4-5 times a week. hope I could make that 5-6 times a week. Anyway, I recently transfered gyms from my neighborhood gym to Slimmers' World in Megamall. I got a good deal since they have super discounts. Got my one year membership for just 12k. I was gonna get a Fitness First membership, but was appalled at how arrogant the people there can get. You get the feeling like they want to convey that I should be thankful that they even took time to entertain my query. So I got pissed since they're assholes. especially the membership manager in South Mall (near my home sana) and that membership consultant in Wynsum (near work). And this is the funny part. 4 days after I acquired my membership in Slimmers, I got a call from FF in Wynsum asking me if I was already a member of a gym and if I were still interested to join them. (like duh?!) I happily told them that I wasn't any interested since I already paid in full my 1 year membership with Slimmers just to spite them for what they have done. You know Fitness First, you're not the only gym in town. I don't care about free drinks (btw, what is it with serving free-flowing soda in the gym???) or a hotel-like shower room. What I'm after is a good work out and the friendly service.




Though Chain: If you are planning to avail in Slimmers' World Megamall, look for Myrla. She's the nicest fitness consultant around. I have to admit that the facilities aren't at par with FF, yet for 1k a month, you sure are getting your money's worth for gym and aero classes. Besides, it's clean and the people are nice. Just try to work out early since it really gets super crowded in the afternoon 'til the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

FF sux big tym!!!

They don't even deserve proper spelling :P Well alam mo naman na acid ang relationship ko with that dumb gym.

2:15 AM

 
Blogger ascii said...

Yeah, I know. They deserve to get a wake up call with their lousy service.

10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home